1. Always be grateful for the little things! To the people in your life, your experiences, just be grateful. From time to time I have to put myself in check whenever I find myself frequently complaining. If you have a roof over your head, in great health, have a working vehicle/reliable form of transportation, you’re in a job that’s not toxic, in a good place mentally; you’re a champion. We have to take time to sit and remind ourselves of how blessed some of us truly are. When you’ve got a million and one things going on, I can understand how one may succumb to complaining due to stress or whatever the case may be. We all go through things in life and no one’s life is picture perfect. It sounds so simple, but this approach always yields a positive response and has helped me immensely. If it helps, make a list of all of the things you’re grateful for. It will give you a fresh perspective and help you appreciate the life you have.
2. Surround yourself around like minded individuals who are also positive. If you have any negative nancy’s in your crew who bring nothing but negativity to the circle, it’s time to drop them sis. It’s important to surround yourself around like-minded individuals who are positive, genuine,uplifting and remind you of how dope you are. Having a supportive group chat of men and women who support you is so vital for your success. These people are there to pick you up when you’re falling, wipe your tears, support you, and listen to you vent. You already know how the saying goes, you are who you associate with. I for sure want to be associated with positivity and influence.
3. Stop Comparing your Calling/success to someone else’s. This truly takes time. You don’t know what hurdles and obstacles certain people had to endure to get to where they are. People will not hesitate to share their successes and victories. No one wants to get into the ugly gritty process it took to get to where they are. Touching on the not so glamorous part of the journey is so necessary because it can touch the lives of so many people who feel the same way. Believe me where you are now is not your final destination. Your future self should drive you to wake up everyday to be the best version of you. Each day ask yourself, what can I do today, yes today that will bring me closer to where I want to be. Manifesting your future is a real thing! Speak what you want into existence and watch it come to fruition. Let’s be honest, if you’re not exactly quite where you want to be, it’s easy to compare yourself to someone who is in a position you aspire to be in or in a role that you feel is more advanced.
Some ways I refrain from comparing myself to others is one by writing in my journal, just simply focusing on all of my goals, and if it comes down to it, I stay off of social media. Social Media cleanses are amazing and they work! Even as an influencer, I sometimes have to take a step back to give myself a mental break from the virtual world of social media. People love to paint a picture of their lives on social media as if it reflects their reality. Often times it doesn’t. I was once told the beauty is in the process. Embracing where you are in your journey is the first step to try to avoid comparison. As much as we all wish success came overnight; it just doesn’t. In the mean time, enjoy the process, grow, absorb information, and embrace it even though it’s not glamorous.
4. Spend more time engaging in activities you love. If you have an activity that brings you to your happy place, make it a priority to carve out time to do this activity/hobby! This may mean you have to wake up earlier before work, or you may have to cancel dinner one night with friends to accomplish this. Make time for what matters, especially if this actitvy or hobby brings peace and solitude to your life. If you’re still trying to determine what your activity or hobby is, spend time doing everything that you’re interested in and just experiment! Focus on the things that bring you so much happiness and peace that you lose track of the time.
5. Prioritize Self-Care & Alone time. Theres nothing more peaceful to me than sipping a glass of moscato, dimmed lighting, in a warm bubble bath as the serene voice of Sade permeates. Warm bubbles baths, pedicures, hair done and up. Commit time for yourself so you can feel whole and new. It is okay to cancel on friends because you’d rather stay home and have some “Me time”. I am at a point where I am not afraid to tell my friends I don’t want to go out because I’d prefer some me time. You shouldn’t either! Be honest with your crew 🙂